- Los Filos Mine
Leagold aims to build a new mid-tier gold producer with a focus on opportunities in Latin America. Leagold is leveraging the extensive and proven track-record of its management team with strategic expertise and very strong Latin American relationships of the Company’s Directors.
Leagold is well-positioned to achieve its plans with a strong shareholder base, a motivated management team, and deep relationships in the gold mining sector.
The Management Team and Board of Directors have a strong commitment to Leagold’s long-term success which includes this group owning approximately 9% of the shares of the company. Leagold has established transparent and progressive governance and policies that encourage wealth creation from share price performance.
Defining the strategy:
- Identify and acquire gold assets with value
- Leverage financial and technical experience from the Leagold team to implement a “build & buy” strategy
- Apply creative and insightful leadership from a team with experience in M&A, debt and equity financing and mine operations
- Target a universe of small and medium-sized dislocated or non-core gold assets in Latin America
- Optimize underlying asset portfolio
- Target assets with existing or near-term cash flow to provide an operating base from which to grow
- Supplement producing or near-producing assets with portfolio of high-quality development assets
- Focus on projects with relatively low technical risk or those trading at a discount
- Consolidate within a region and leverage scale and local expertise to optimize and further develop assets within the portfolio
- Implement a conservative financial management approach
- Maintain a strong balance sheet with conservative leverage ratios
- Ensure tight controls for operating budgets and capital expenditures
- General acquisition criteria
- Attractive values, with upside potential from optimization, project de-risking, and exploration
- Producing, or near-term production
- Non-core assets from Seniors and Intermediates
- Targets that complement each other as the foundation for a strong operations portfolio