- Los Filos Mine
Leagold aims to build a new mid-tier gold producer with a focus on opportunities in Latin America. Leagold is leveraging the extensive and proven track record of its management team and the strong Latin American relationships of the company’s Directors.
Leagold is well-positioned to achieve its plans with a strong shareholder base, a motivated management team, and deep relationships in the gold mining sector.
The management team and Board of Directors have a strong commitment to Leagold’s long-term success which includes this group owning approximately 9% of the shares of the company. Leagold has established transparent and progressive governance and policies that encourage wealth creation from share price performance.
Defining the strategy:
- Identify and acquire gold assets with value
- Leverage financial and technical experience from the Leagold team to implement a “buy and build” strategy
- Apply creative and insightful leadership from a team with experience in M&A, debt and equity financing and mine operations
- Target a universe of small and medium-sized dislocated or non-core gold assets in Latin America
- Optimize underlying asset portfolio
- Target assets with existing or near-term cash flow to provide an operating base from which to grow
- Supplement producing or near-producing assets with portfolio of high-quality development assets
- Focus on projects with relatively low technical risk or those trading at a discount
- Consolidate within a region and leverage scale and local expertise to optimize and further develop assets within the portfolio
- Implement a conservative financial management approach
- Maintain a strong balance sheet with conservative leverage ratios
- Ensure tight controls for operating budgets and capital expenditures
- General acquisition criteria
- Attractive values, with upside potential from optimization, project de-risking, and exploration
- Producing, or near-term production
- Non-core assets from senior and intermediate producers
- Targets that complement each other as the foundation for a strong operations portfolio